Description: When Desi Bascomb gets discovered by the elite Facade Agency–royalty surrogates extraordinaire–her life goes from glamour-starved to spectacular in a blink. As her new agent, Meredith, explains, Desi has a rare magical ability: when she applies the ancient Egyptian formula “Royal Rouge,” she can transform temporarily into the exact lookalike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right? Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras. Like, what do you do when a bullying older sister puts you on a heinous crash diet? Or when the tribal villagers gather to watch you perform a ceremonial dance you don’t know? Or when a princess’s conflicted sweetheart shows up to break things off–and you know she would want you to change his mind? In this hilarious series debut, one girl’s dream of glamour transforms into something bigger: the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time.
- Desi- This girl could snark. She reminds me of one of the coolest friends I’ve ever had. It’s scary how a like they are.
- The Concept- The magic is based in ancient Egypt and hippos (don’t ask me how, it’s one of those things you just have to read). I love the magical feel it has to it. Princesses + Magic = an amazing story about a normal girl with extraordinary power.
- The Funny- Desi has snark and it emanates from ever page. I couldn’t stop laughing at her thoughts.
- Desi and her shirts- She makes her own shirts with witty and often ironic sayings on them.
- The way Desi is determined to make a difference in the princesses’ lives is brave and sweet. It becomes an obsession that does some good.
- Technomagic- Seriously? How does one meld such different things into one awesome concept? Technology + Magic= one seriously wicked phone.
- Being a princess takes Desi on an adventure, one that opens her eyes and teaches her about herself.
- Reed- He’s only mentioned for like a nanosecond but that was enough to get my attention.
- Hayden- Clueless guy syndrome
- Celeste- The girl Hayden is dating. She’s nasty, vile, and bitter.
Overall: Hilarity with a hint of royalty and a dash of life lessons learned, mix well.