On the first day of Lillian’s summer-before-college, she gets a message on her cell from her sort-of friend, Penny. Not only has Penny faked her own kidnapping, but Lil is the only one who figures it out. She knows that Penny’s home life has been rough, and that her boyfriend may be abusive. Soon, Penny’s family, the local police, and even the FBI are grilling Lil, and she decides to head out to Oregon, where Penny has mentioned an acquaintance. And who better to road-trip across the country with than Lil’s BFF, Josh. But here’s the thing: Lil loves Josh. And Josh doesn’t want to “ruin” their amazing friendship.
Josh has a car and his dad’s credit card. Lil has her cellphone and a hunch about where Penny is hiding. There’s something else she needs to find: Are she and Josh meant to be together?
- This book was my kind of funny. It wasn't just the jokes, it was the weird things they said like, "I feel like a turd ball from outer space." If you have read my reviews things like that sneak in all the time.
- ROAD TRIP!! I love road trips, and not for the destination but being on the open road, eating snacks, sleeping in awkward positions, and listening to music. So it was fun to read yet another amazing road trip book.
- The souvenir t-shirts- They decide to take this road trip on a whim. So all they have is what they have on their backs. Naturally they have to buy clothes, so the next rational step is to buy a butt-load of corny (or cheesy :) souvenir t-shirts.
- Lilian- She is a totally original voice and a good joke cracker.
- I didn't even see it coming but the point of view changes to Penny sometimes. It gave the story some extra pizzazz.
- Josh- If he could grow up a little the boy would be perfect!
- Josh and Lil have that best friend connection. The way they joke and kid around with each other is fun to watch and slightly endearing.
- Penny- You could consider her insane but I happen to think she was witty and clever. She got herself out of a bad situation, most girls in her spot can't do that.
- The fact that it ended :(
A riot+a road trips + corny and cheesy things+Lilian+Josh+ Penny = a whirl wind adventure you won't want to miss! Oh I loveth it so!!