This weeks topic is:
Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read
- The Replacements by Brenna Yovanoff- This is one that I coveted for months on end before it came out and as soon as I got it I put it on my shelf. I just couldn't read it then and now it's still there, on the shelf.
- Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater- (oh-the-irony) I have abandonment issues with series. After this list you will see what I mean. I LOVED Shiver, like with all my heart, so why can't I finish this series? Maybe because I know what Maggie is capable of her writing is both heart-breaking and beautiful.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver- I tried to read it but if I don't read books when I am in the mood for them sometimes it makes me hate the book so I put it down and just haven't picked it back up yet.
- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa- Again abandonment issues. The only thing that will get me into these books is the world. I hate the whinny which-guy-am-going-to-choose-syndrome.
- Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green- I have tried several times to get into either of these but there is like this wall that I keep hitting with both of them.
- Matched by Ally Condie- Same case as The Replacement, wanted it something fierce before it came out, saved money to get it , and then I didn't read it.
- City of Ashes, Glass, and Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare- I warned you.... The first one didn't sit well with me and I don't know if I can go back into that world.
- Gone by Lisa McMann- I'm getting redundant now. I read Wake my Sophomore year proclaiming it better than Twilight, because it was. Then my series abandonment kicked it and only just recently read Fade.
- The Lost Hero, The Red Pyramid, and The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan- Technically this isn't abandonment because they are new series from him, right? I LOVED the Percy Jackson series so I don't know why it's so hard for me to pick these up.
- Eon by Alison Goodman- It's about a ninja so why haven't I read it? *shrugs* Maybe because of it's size...