Description: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
- Pairs- Perkins has an awesome gift of presenting a setting. I could see and feel Pairs around me as I read.
- Anna- I wasn’t expecting this but Anna was hilarious. There were so many line that I laughed at that came through her thoughts. I loved her passion for movies, such a unique hobby.
- St. Clair- British Accent + French Name + From America= Confusingly hot. He was so cute sometimes and just perfect for Anna.
- Rashmi- she was an unforeseen friend. I liked her she was very honest in a blunt way.
- Meredith- She was like a teddy bear, so sweet and kind.
- Josh- Dark artist type but the dudes got mad talent.
- Something about Anna stumped me (a lot like something about Harry stumped Voldemort). This book threw me for a loop and then some. I’m just sad I didn’t pick it up sooner.
- Message 1: Sometimes in this world you just have to find someone that makes you laugh, so in those dark times you can find yourself laughing.
- Message 2: Go outside your fear and explore your surroundings.
- Message 3: Good friends are a must.
- Yes I know this is totally unnecessary but I must mention that there are a couple occasions where they drink. It felt more like a warning against drinking then anything else.
Overall: Stunned, mystified, and ready for Lola. I even had a book coma. *Bows to the great and powerful Perkins.* A bowl full of awesomesauce, that’s what this book was.