Description: (GR Page)
Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
Subject: (no subject)
I shouldn't be writing.
They'll hurt you.
Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...
"Overflowing Toilets, huh?". He laughs a little "Well technically it's not a lie. It was overflowing last week..."
"Fabre est suae quis que fortunae: Every man is the artison of hid own fortune"
- Pemberly Brown, as far as schools go, is pretty darn awesome. A collection of buildings , cool Latin sayings on plaques, peaceful court yards, deeply hidden secrets and uh... ghosts?
- Grace's Pearls (okay you already know I love these but still!) I love the idea of the old pearls being a reminder of Grace. It was like every time they thudded against her chest Kate was reminded why she was on this crazy quest. It also gave her courage, courage like Grace had.
- Seth was such a hoot! He was always there, even when she didn't want him. Like a dog that follows you around relentlessly (and sometimes annoyingly) but always when you need him. I kind of felt bad for the kid, Kate used him to get what she wanted but it didn't phase him. Thats what I loved about him, his never ending friendship.
- Liam...hmmm er uh yeah. He is one of those characters that you are always questioning... good or evil? None-the-less he is so cute! I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, like this kid... for so many reasons.
- I loved how there was a flip from her present day to the previous fall.
- Most books with two authors have separate points-of-view so things look to flow. The LiLa write the same character (Kate) and they do so perfectly. Kate felt like the same Kate the whole time.
- This book presents loss. Loss should be sad and gloomy right? There was an air of gloom but the fabulous LiLa puts just enough humor and mystery that it is a joy to read but still teaches about life.
- The twisty turns :P They just come out of no where! I am fairly sure this book will keep you on your toes (or just staring at the edge of your nose!). I was till the last page...
- Kate is a puzzle just like the mystery of Grace's death. I have no way to put words together that will describe her perfectly but I can try. Determined, Witty, Clever, Kick-butt, Sad, Courageous, and all around amazing. There is something about Kate (no it isn't the pink hair) that I just connected to SO well.
- For the sake of avoiding spoilers, spoilers, and more spoilers I have to zip my lips :P(er um keys??) Just know if you pick this book off the shelf you will be AMAZED!!
- I thought we discussed this at the top? No? Okay let me spell it out for you. I tried really hard and sometime you just come up with nothing when a book is just that good. Please don't give me that look! You know I tried. Besides the one thing I didn't like I can't say because well it would leak spoilers, and even then there has to be a 'villain' and I can't tell you that . I will stop now :D Rambling is my weakness.