October 14, 2011

Bibliomaniac (a definition)

Mr. Webster is going to define a word for me here...

(This is how I imagine Mr. Webster to look. Anyone else?)

bib·lio·ma·nia:  \ˌbi-blē-ə-ˈmā-nē-ə, -nyə\ - extreme preoccupation with collecting books. 

So does that make us bibliomaniacs? I am pretty certain it does. It has to mean that! Through all my life people would always ask a silly getting-to-know-you question, one that I never thought I could answer. What do you collect? The thing was I didn't collect anything. Not stamps. Not Legos. Not Baseball cards. Not even those weird/fancy barbie dolls (What is the point of having a doll you can't play with?!?!?).

 I am a book collector.



How simple is that? Books. Books. Books. I love holding them, and remembering reading them. I love remembering what was going on in my life at the time that I read them. What makes us love them so much? What makes diving into a story so awesome that it leaves us in tears or giddy laughter? I don't think there is an answer. I mean you can come up with a million possible and probable answers, but when it comes down to it is there really one definite answer?

Just sayin, 
-Kare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.