Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.
But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.
- Hartley- She is sarcastic, quick to catch on, and brave. Think sarcastic Nancy Drew, so eager for the truth. I clicked with her instantly, she was easily loveable.
- Chase-He can see through lies (at least the ones that Hart tells), he's a reader, a writer, and his super power is sarcasm.
- All the action started right up . And by action I mean *uses creepy voice* Muuuurderrrrr. From there the need to figure out the killer was mandatory.
- Sam- She's the potty-mouth best friend who is trying to not curse which resulted in funny replacements. She was funny and reliable.
- My mind lives for the who done it factor. It races ahead with the clues and tries to figure it out. Lucky for it this book is like the perfect puzzle that you never really can put together till the end.
- I found it funny how Hart kept stumbling into dead bodies, literally.
- Honestly answer this question, can you keep your eyes off that cover with out being remotely curious as to what lies beneath?
- The writing was simple yet effective, I was hanging on every word.
- The way the killer justifies killing, there was irony all over the place!!
- Because it's a murder mystery there are DEAD bodies everywhere!! This makes the book a bit... gruesome. I loved it!
- Josh meant well, I know this, but still I never understood some of his actions. Something with him was just off.
Quick cutting (pun intended) and filled with hilarity. I found myself wrapped up in this story like the ear buds wrapped around the victim's neck.