July 13, 2010

The Emerald Taliman by Brenda Pandos

Description: To be normal, sixteen-year-old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother's mysterious disappearance ten years earlier - an event she witnessed, but can't remember. Julia's situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience--past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves.

My Review: 
I really had to convince my self to read this but I wasn't disappointed! The Emerald Talisman was truly an amazing read. The pros include a strong and daring leading lady, who has a knack for getting in and out of tight spots. Julia is an original character with an incredible power that only she knows about. Her love interest, Nicholas, is the only thing that keeps her alive, literally. He is a mix between a guardian angel and Buffy the vampire slayer male style! He is her protector. This created a crazy kind of love connection.

I have to be honest vampires have been thing I have purposefully avoided because of the Twilight hype but this book sure swept me into a magical place beyond what I expected. Specifically I enjoyed that the main character was distinctively different from any other female character, I liked how she didn't whine over things or throw self-pity parties. She had courage smarts, and wit.

A truly refreshing story about a girl, evil vampires, and the love of her life!


just sayin,
-Kare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.