Twelve-year-old Kat Stephenson may be the despair of her social-climbing Step-Mama, but she was born to be a magical Guardian and protector of Society--if she can ever find true acceptance in the secret Order that expelled her own mother. She’s ready to turn the hidebound Order of the Guardians inside-out, whether the older members like it or not. And in a society where magic is the greatest scandal of all, Kat is determined to use all her powers to help her three older siblings--saintly Elissa, practicing-witch Angeline, and hopelessly foolish Charles--find their own true loves, even if she has to turn highwayman, battle wild magic, and confront real ghosts along the way!
- KAT- She was a strong and spunky little girl. She was filled with confidence, curious, and very adventurous.
- Magic. Magic is always a plus, but this magic was cool. She wasn’t a witch or wizard; she was a guardian (someone who fixes the mistakes of witches who use magic for bad).
- It defiantly had a mysterious element. The kind that keep you guessing at who is the bad guy and who is the good one, then towards the end it all comes together and the main character finishes the puzzle in their head. It was like KABOOM!
- The time period. I have always loved Pride and Prejudice so to be able to read about that same time period through Kat was fun.
- Elissa and Angeline (Kat’s sisters) were like literary opposites. Elissa was the type that exepts her ‘responsibility’ and does what is best for the family. Angeline on the other hand makes things happen for herself.
- Take Coraline + Matilda + Pride and Prejudice = and you get Kat, Incorrigible.
- Oh gosh here is my crazy brain train! So sometimes when I read books I use accents, British was my choice for this book. I thought it was amazing to hear the British accent in my head (yes I have a thing for accents)
- Another thing I should mention was the vocabulary… some words I have NEVER read before showed up. Of course words like ninny showed up (which made me giggle senselessly).
- She was a bit young so no love story for her :( BUT that didn't stop her sisters
- The stepmother was annoying… I just don’t like her!!
- THAT evil guy the one that I can’t tell you about but he was bad! (yeah because that makes sense right?)
Truly magical! I loved this book! Now I know what you are thinking middle grade? Are you sure? YES! OH MY GOSH!! This book was so amazing despite the age!