Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
- Grim is my favorite! I didn’t really realize this until the middle of this book. I seriously lit up when he made his appearance. So I guess I am team Grim :P
- Again I love the world that has been created. The many different creatures and the crazy magic. Best.World.Ever.
- Iron Horse: I love how he talks in ALL CAPS, but even more I love his loyalty to Meghan.
- There are so many turns (almost makes one dizzy). You know the ones where you get the subtle hint of what might happen then when it happens it’s like BANG!
- Meghan has to make many hard decisions, ones you don’t want to have to make. Like Family or Love, Faery or Human, Puck or Ash.
- I didn’t think I would cry but I did. What surprised me was who I cried over.
- I just love Julie’s writing. It feeds my over active imagination like no other book (okay except The Iron King :P)
- Puck was like a splash of cold water on a hot summer day in Arizona, so very needed. Puck (to me) is the comedic break, especially during dark times, like when he is near death is like a twisted coping mechanism.
- When you are locked in a room , it would not be so bad to have a Phouka names Tiaothin to entertain you. It is not the worst that could happen.
- I told myself to put on this list something about the Iron glamour, don’t really remember what that was about but apparently it was cool enough to mention.
- I have attempted
fivesix times to come up with something so I’ll state it like this. Not a fan of the love triangle (well it’s really a V isn’t it?). Meghan is a great character, a strong willed amazing character, but I disliked it when she would go into a tizzy about a guy. And the whole I-can’t-chose-which-hottie-I want-to-be-with thing gets annoying. (Wish I had THAT problem)
- Rowan: He was a creep. I wish Megan HAD punched him. It would have been funny. (I think it would be like Hermione punching Malfo)
“It’s only a flesh wound” –Puck (I think that was a cleverly placed joke from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. No?)
Yet another great adventure with Megan. LOVE IT! *fist kiss* (that’s not weird its sign language for love it)