April 20, 2011

Confession: We are in love with fictional characters







Topic:






On twitter I asked who YOUR literary crushes were. We wanted to see who you guys liked and to see if any matched ours. 


So here were a few responses:


Gale Hawthorne from the Hunger Games series (Julia from That Happa Chick)


Howl from The Castle series (Ecey from Ecered)


Percy from The Percy Jackson series (Brielle Awesome Bookworm)


Luc from Personal Demons (Katie from Call Me Crazy)


Luce from The Fallen series  (Kreag from I Devour Books)


Rosalie from The Twilight Series (Patrick from I Random Blogger)


Dally's Dangerous Damsels:
What are we talking about? OY! Hot girls!

4th Place:
Eve from The Morganville Vampires- She is like, like a hot rebel. 

3rd Place:
Isabel from The Mortal Instruments- Like Indiana Jones in female form... who doesn't approve?

2nd Place:
Ariana from The Paranormalcy series- She is a rebel to her kind. Bad to her own kind but kind to humankind. 

DRUM ROLLLLLLLL PLEASEEEEE!!!


First FREAKING place:


Ginny Weasly 






She is silent but deadly. You always have to watch the quiet ones. If you need a kick-butt character, Ginny is your girl! This girl has magical wand waving skills, epic quidditch game, and drop-dead-bring-you-back-to-life-gorgeous. *whispers* Don't get on her bad side though because she can kill with a look. 






Kare's Killer Krush:
I have never told anyone my crush because its nerdy (those being the ones I like best :) but I think I will start with the runners up because they need credit too!


4th Place:
Sam from I'll Be There by Holly Goldburg

3rd Place:
Luke from Forgotten by Cat Patrick

2nd Place:
Martin from The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney

and last and most amazingly first...

Nevil Longbottom 






I know what you are thinking... really? him?


YES I SCREAM YES!! I love how the whole story about Harry could have been about Nevil, but by a twist of fate it wasn't . I love how when Nevil is truly need he is a brave-hearted leader as Harry is. I adore how he has courage, courage enough to stand up to his friends. I find his passion, Herbology, fascinating.  Basically I wish JK had written some of Nevil's last year at Hogwarts just because I would have LOVED to read it from his view. Sure Harry's story is amazing but something about Nevil's change excites me. Makes one think you can be the worlds greatest screw up BUT in the end you can still be something great. 


So yes my literary crush is Nevil Longbottom.


Who is your literary crush and why?


just sayin,
-Kare

1 comment:

  1. Gilbert Blythe from ANNE OF GREEN GABLES. Trust me, that series is an oldie but a goodie -- an eternal classic, and with good reason. Both Anne and Gilbert are awesome characters, and their adventures in Avonlea are so charming.

    Some of these other folks are quite hot too, though. ;) I am partial to Wesley from THE DUFF as well.

    Btw, we are four YA writers and avid readers, and we just started a new blog to talk about YA literature. It's not so much book reviews as talking about different issues, trends, etc. We are hoping to connect with real teen readers, and we would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.