June 18, 2011

Read-a-thon Updates: Day 2

Update #6




I love this kid's enthusiasm don't you?!

GOOD MORNING!! *waves*


Kare: I finished Wintergirls last night!!!! It was really good. So my page number total is now at 290. *throws copious amounts of glitter* I am going to start If I Stay by Gayle Forman. 


Dallin: In some guys backyard pretending to camp. 


Min Challenge:  


Super Team up


Gwen from Nevermore and Conner from Something Like Fate. Conner is really nice and artistic and Gwen is funny and spontaneous. They are both good friends to the people they know, even when no one else will talk to that person. Also: They both see the world as glass half-full. I think they make a cute couple.


Update #7

haha looking at the glass half full :D

Kare: I have read 11 pages from If I Stay. My grand total is now up to 301. Um I may or may not have fallen asleep again.

Dallin: Lost in the void of time and space after he was hijacked by aliens. 

mini challenge: Required reading that isn't so bad.
First I will entertain you with a rant. I think students should be allowed to pick what books they want to read. At least ONE book a year should be one of the students choice that way they learn to love reading for what it is. end rant. With that being said I would love to see Sorta Like A Rock Star by Matthew Quick as required because it shows hope and a positive attitude. We could all use some more positive in our lives right?


Update #8

This kid is my hero! 


Kare: My grand total is 333. No joke. I am still reading If I Stay :D


Dallin: Home but he is dead like a dog. He might join in on the reading fun later but for now he is kicking old school preschool style with a nap. 


Mini Challenge:
Well to be honest if you asked me two months ago I would have said it doesn't matter. Now? It matters. I like them in ABC order according to author. That's pretty much the only way series can stick together. And if they aren't together I can't admire the way they look together from afar. 


Update #9




CAKE!!! 


Kare: DEFEATED!! My brain won't let me read!! I read maybe 10 whole pages. I am on page 55.


Dallin: He has picked up Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. No idea what page he is on. *shrugs* 


Update #10






Odd man out. Be original.


Kare: No further reading. Sorry 


Dallin: Is on page 258. That brings his total to 525. SMOKED!!


Mini Challenge:
Uh the only book I have read is Wintergirls BUT luckily it was pretty inspiring, inspiring as in its message was PROFOUND. :D


Update #11






Fear her.


Kare: I know I know. I sort of gave up. For some reason I just can't read. Oh and I feel asleep again :P


Dallin: Dallin is on page 315. His grand total is 582 or something like that. 


Mini Challenge:
I would love to live in the world of Harry Potter. I mean come on HOGWARTS!!! Need I say more? Also: they have magic!! 


just sayin,
-Kare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.