August 11, 2011

Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel


Description:


Zellie Wells has a devastating crush on Avery Adams. At her sixteenth birthday party, held in the basement of her dad's church, she finally finds the courage to talk to him. Turns out, the devastating crush is mutual. As Avery takes her hand and leads her out onto the dance floor, Zellie is overwhelmed by her first vision of his death.



Wins:

  • Avery and Zellies Relationship. It was cute in an over the top and very intense way. It was like years of like-dome coming to an abrupt halt and turning into love.
  • The paranormal aspect was pretty cool, visions of death and such other peculiar scenes of the future. 
  • I really loved Claire she was pushy and silly but in a way that said epic best friend. I found her to be a sort of comic relief.
  • Some of the lingo- It was original crap… like some of the wacky stuff I come up with, Zellie sure had a way with wacky words.
  • The switching point-of-views opened a nice window between Avery and Zellie that gave more to the story then you would think.
  • Avery- The guy who has a really cute back of the head, apparently. He was a good guy I guess just a little confused at some points.
  • Zellie- Was an interesting main character and like I said an original voice to be sure. 
Fails:

  • Not wearing a bra and throwing your shirt off in front of a guy. Weird.
  • Insta-Love- I have to say I hated that. Mostly I just hate the concept of insta-love.
Overall:

Quirky. Also: It was a quick read. SO I mean to say it was quick and quirky (really? *shakes head at silly side of the brain*) 



just sayin,
-Kare

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of insta-love either. I want to see a romance grow and change over time.

    I’m a new follower—awesome blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gozzers, can i say how much I LOVE this review style? total win :) This definitely sounds like a quirky but still good read, though I'm always wary of insta-romance. great review!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.