"Wonder Twins" on the run--and running amok--in Vegas. Road Trip!
Paisley and Beau are boldface names again. Last time, paparazzi called them the "Wonder Twins," two kids found alone but alive in the woods of exotic New Jersey. Three days after their mom's death -- and before their dad's criminal misdeeds.
Flash-forward to now: Their so-called lives? Suck out loud: Hating on their cougarized, Botoxic grandma, they're totally clueless about the location of ex-con Daddy. Till they discover a stash of old letters. That's when they decide to jack the Pontiac and hit the road. Holding up donut shops in Sin City might seem extreme, but if they can just get their pretty bad faces back on TV -- or TMZ -- they might wrap up their whole gaga saga with an Oprah-worthy reunion already!
- Beau is the incredibly good looking guy who isn’t even aware that fact. He loves to read and is slightly shy.
- Paisley is the opposite of Beau, she is load and gets what she wants. She is very similar to a fire cracker. The thing I loved about her was that she was loyal and fights to the bitter end.
- Las Vegas, the setting, was brought to life through the eyes of Beau and Paisley as they hit the town.
- The author’s wit just shines through in this book, so funny.
- The voices are realistic and dynamic. I loved the point-of-view switching, which was seamless.
- The concept of going so far to find their dad and by going so far I mean robbing all the sweet joints in Las Vegas.
- I thought it was funny how they stole all this candy, donuts, ice cream, and popcorn then just gave it away.
- The characters both manage to grow up with in the story. Beau realizes that he can be tough and it dawns on Paisley that she can be scared and cry.
- These characters do some pretty bad things but I was glad to see their hearts in the right place, intentions always good.
- Skank-mother (as Paisley calls her), their grandmother She was so full of greed and anger it was pathetic.
- There was a lot of language, a lot of F-bombs.
- The ending was a letdown. It just didn’t answer the burning questions. Where is the epilogue?
This novel was a bright story about a couple of siblings that chase after the ways of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde. They hit up Las Vegas while looking for their father and discover something about themselves in the mix.