March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Magnolia League


I'm still waiting...

Cover:



Description:

After the death of her free-spirited mother, sixteen-year-old Alex Lee must leave her home in northern California to live with her wealthy grandmother in Savannah, Georgia. By birth, Alex is a rightful, if unwilling, member of the Magnolia League, Savannah's long-standing debutante society. She quickly discovers that the Magnolias have made a pact with a legendary hoodoo family, the Buzzards. The Magnolias enjoy youth, beauty and power. But at what price?

As in her popular adult novels, Crouch's poignant and humorous voice shines in this seductively atmospheric story about girls growing up in a magical Southern city.

What Drew me in?

Not the cover (let me explain). I read the summery paired with a totally different cover and though the cover wasn't bad I think the new one is better. So technically the summery drew me in but the cover is nothing to complain about :P

The Magnolia League will be published by Poppy on May 3rd, 2011 (according to Goodreads)

just sayin, 
-Kare

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds good, and I do love the cover. :) So many books now take place in 'magical' southern cities, lol. I wish Savannah was more magical and less smelly (paper mills and the river really create a stench during the summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and I've heard so many good things about it that I can't wait to read this. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! I don't think I've heard of this novel until now! It sounds interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I absolutely LOVE your new header, it's so PRETTY!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.