March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs


I'm still waiting...

Cover:



Description:

Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster. 


Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though. 

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters. 

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.


What Drew me in?

So I added this to my good reads page a billion years ago because of the description. Then I the cover one day and went when did I add...oh shiny!! So it was the description but man that cover is SWEET!

Sweet Venom will be published on October 4th 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books (according to good reads)

just sayin,
-Kare

2 comments:

  1. Not til October? Awww... I LOVE TLC's books and this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover, too! This sounds awesome-- kind of like the Percy Jackson series, which I love. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.