August 26, 2010

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



Description:
 
It’s after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a boy to death – but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous monster is lurking in her apartment. With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realizes that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters – a war in which she has a fateful role to play…


My Thoughts:


So I guess I jumped on this train a little late but better late than never right? This book left me feeling frustrated, frustrated and annoyed. You could say I am confused. I must clarify first that I like the book for the most part. I loved the characters, the hard core action, and the captivating world the author created. I don’t like the way thing panned out. It makes it feel gross and defiantly put an awkward spin on their relationship! The whole end of the book I was going “Ok now we are going to find out that it is different!” but to my horror I was wrong. So basically I thought the ending was bogus, in a nut shell.


What is the good news? I wont not give up on the series just yet! 


Don’t get me wrong here I love the rest of the book but I REALLY like happy endings (though they may be fiction but that’s the point of books right?), that is usually what gets me through a series, knowing there is a possibility for a happy, smiling ending! I am probably just needing to get my rant out!


Frustrated and annoyed
just sayin,
-Kare

2 comments:

  1. Keep going, I think this is a fantastic series!! Give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get started on this series. I have it in my queue to read, but it always gets passed up for something else.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.