August 04, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Unidentified

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

So I have been scouring the wide world of internet for this week’s WOW and funny thing I ran into it without even meaning to! I love when that happens. I also absolutely love dystopian books. Some examples Inside out, Hunger Games, Matched (haven’t read it yet) and so on. So when I bumped into this book I got all giddy and ready to buy it. As luck would have it isn’t out yet. Then I was thinking it would be perfect for waiting on Wednesday! [I know this is killing you so without further ado I introduce to you]

The Unidentified!

Description: (from HarperTeen) Fifteen-year-old Katey (aka Kid) goes to school in the Game—a mall converted into a "school" run by corporate sponsors. As students play their way through the levels, they are also creating products and being used for market research by the Game's sponsors, who are watching them 24/7 on video cameras.
Kid has a vague sense of unease but doesn't question this existence until one day she witnesses a shocking anticorporate prank. Intrigued, she follows the clues to uncover the identity of the people behind it. They are a group who call themselves the Unidentified. Drawn to their counterculture ideas and their enigmatic leader, Kid begins to spend more time with them. But when the Unidentified pranks get co-opted by the corporate sponsors, Kid decides to do something bigger—something that could change the Game forever.

So when does it come out? 10/5/2010

Cover:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kare...I thought you might want to know that your link to your WOW on Breaking The Spine is just to a jpg (the picture). No one is going to be able to directly access your blog from the link.
    Book does sound like a good dystopia!
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think was an epic win or an epic fail, or if you feel like it make robot sound like beep beep boo bop. Really I could careless just keep it clean.